Sunday, February 10, 2008

Begin to study Genesis

Okay so today I begin. This morning in worship I read from the book, you know the Genesis one and it was about the apple or forbidden fruit incident. I got quite a varied response from those in worship when I asked who sinned first. It was from Eve to God. That's correct God made sin and temptation and all the other stuff.
So what do you think? I challenge you to put your thoughts up about the creation account. For some fodder to excite you I ask these questions: Was the world created in 6 actual 24 hour periods of time? Did creation happen just as described or is the like a story made up by a people to explain to the world and themselves the God they worship??
That ought to be enough to get us started.
Pastor WaynO

2 comments:

Debra said...

1)I think the world was created in 6 days just as scripture says. There is no mention of 24 hrs. At that time God's days could have been different. Genesis 1:14 says'"and God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to seperate the day from the night and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years.I would say that sometime later man came up with an hourly account of the days in 24 hr periods.
2) I take the Bible as the inspired word of God. So, no I do not think it is a made up story.

WaynO said...

Ah, but a made up story to explain and it could still be really accurate. Made up may be the wrong words to us. Perhaps back to the word myth. and that should start an explosion.
WaynO