Monday, December 10, 2007

Not sure how to begin the thought process but as we study the Bible things from the world jump in and can mess things up a bit or at least add a whole new dynamic. One such thing is the movie the Golden Compass. As I have stated before I don't like the whole concept of boycotting and e-bashing or using the internet and email as a ground to throw things at someone or something. This movie is no different than so much other stuff and I happened to notice that Harry Potter is the new up and coming Christmas movie thon. I would be interested to hear thoughts and especially info on the new one the Golden Compass.
I found on the PCUSA site a statement about the movie and some of its bias' and theology. I would encourage you to check out the site at http://www.pcusa.org/theologyandworship/goldencompass.htm
If there are other somewhat open minded sites for info I would be interested in them also. Lets get some sharing going on here.
Pastor WaynO

3 comments:

Debra said...

I heard a little on Breakpoint and did go their web site. www.breakpoint.org and they have another site they refer you to. sparknotes.com.

WaynO said...

Deb, I have decided to put most of the political stuff on the other blog and leave this for study. I think as I posted here that this is part of personal theology but we might keep it seperate for sanity purposes.
I will check out the stuff you put here and respond.
I have funerals mon and tues and catching up hospice visits on wed. we leave for Wyo on Thurs so full week ahead.
WaynO

WaynO said...

checked out the sites and they are both concerning and a little diffucult for me to read. Seeems the sparknotes goes on and on and I am just not there today. I can see a great concern about the scholastic service supporting something I would question being about education and appreciate the breakpoint perspective about boycotting.
This reminds me of the Prayer of Jabez and I approached that with we need to study it and see what it is.
I better clarify that last statement with there is no similarity except they are both questionable in nature. At leasst the prayer of Jabez is in the Bible!!!!
WaynO