Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Real Christmas

Well it is that time of year and I just had a question posed to me, "why is Christmas celebrated in the middle of winter rather than during the spring, which is the time the scriptures would lead us to believe?"
At this point I am asking all of you who are reading to let us know what you think/know about the time of the celebration.
I have some web info I am posting but feel it may get us further if we all put some thought into it and ask the real hard questions.
http://www.history.com/minisite.do?content_type=mini_home&mini_id=1290 and go to the "The Real Story of Christmas" in the left column.
Then I went to the Wikipedea and did a search for Christmas.
As for the real reason, I am not sure how to answer that at this moment.
Next week, after Christmas we will jump to the other end of the Bible and take a look at Cain and Able and the beginning of the human story.
Keep sharing and learning Pastor WaynO

No comments: