Monday, December 17, 2007

Studying the Bible

I wanted to have this blog be a great place to begin a discussion for a study. I had some great ideas. I had a direction. Then life hit me in the face and I lost most of what I had in my mind. It has occured to me however that we do need to study the Bible and I will begin a study after the Christmas season is behind me
From the Stewardship study that prompted this blog I have been moved to some new thoughts about living the Christian life. I would like to study some about developing a personal mission statement. Taking our life in Christ to a new level of committment. Deciding if our lives are lived as fundraising lives or stewardship lives and what that might mean as we move along day to day.
I will hopefully be posting here as a study and leave the political, religious, and other such distractions to the newpreachin blog. I posted about the Golden Compass movie and what surrounds it and believe some of this is what we develop as personal theology.
If anyone has comment or direction for any of the above discussion let me know and it will hopefully be included also.
Have a merry Christmas if I don't hear from you before. Pastor WaynO

1 comment:

Editor and Publisher Shelly Burke said...

I'm intrigued by your idea of developing a personal mission statement, and would love some guidelines for doing so!